Monday, August 30, 2010

Doctor, Doctor...Give me the news!

As far as Mondays go...this one started off pretty well.  Instead of work, we were at the doc's office first thing this morning.  We had our standard check up, and were able to see our little man's face for the first time!!  Pretty amazing things- these ultrasound machines.  I can't even begin to explain how weird it was- to feel him punch me, and see the fist at the same time on the TV screen.  What has technology come to??  All went well with everything, and we will go back in another month.  Baby Boy Sheffield is growing extremely fast.  He is already 1lb 12 oz!  I've certainly grown more than that, but doc was happy with my weight and progress as well. So far- we are passing tests with all flying colors!

The weekend went by way too fast, as they usually do.  John took off with the boys for a river rafting trip.  They camped and spent 2 days on the Colorado.  All the girls at 624 (Aspen, Harley, & Myself), Missed him greatly, but he returned safely home last night.   As for me, I had a bridal shower on Friday.  Sat- I spent with some girlfriends doing "girlie" things.  Then Sunday, I went to brunch and on a bike ride to catch up with some friends I had not seen in a while.  Brett and Kelly brought their new baby Ashton over for me to meet.  Not to mention, brought us a ton of baby boy hand-me-downs we can look forward to! A little bit of yardwork and Broncos football on TV ended a fine, restful weekend.  It's still pretty darn hot here, so I get wiped out pretty easily.

Tonight we are heading to Boulder to see Robert Earl Keen play at Chautauqua.  Texas music in the mountains! The Road Goes on Forever.....

Here are some pictures from the wedding- in case you have not seen them yet.

"The time has come for us to pause,
And think of living as it was.
Into the future we must cross,
I'd like to go with you..."




"And when we walked into the day
Skies of blue had turned to grey
I might not have been, clear to say
I never looked away..."
"And when we came out into view-
There I found myself with you.
Breathing felt like it was, something new...
I'd like to stay with you- going alone with you."



So happy together...



Telluride!!


1 comment:

  1. Loved the pics of my favorite niece & nephew-in-law? You two look so happy!

    ReplyDelete